What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
- your contact details; your name and email address.
- your IP address and details about your web browser.
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website.
We provide paid products and/or services on our websites. In these cases, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Install any of our BigCommerce apps.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback via Live Chat, contact forms or email.
- Give consent to receive marketing newsletters.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Provide the service and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
How do we store your data?
The personal data that you provide when you install one of our apps is securely stored on Heroku-provided infrastructure, hosted within their EU datacentres. It is communicated to our apps via HTTPS connection which then send this to databases via an SSL connection.
Your data may also be stored in third-party services that are used, such as HubSpot and Google Workspaces for support requests.
We will keep your contact details until you cease using our services and 5 years after in order to verify our relationship. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by deleting it from our databases.
We will keep your marketing consent until you revoke this consent.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Space 48 from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email [email protected].
What are your data protection rights?
- We need to perform a contract with you, such as when you use our services
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via email: [email protected], or write to us: Space 48, Colony, 5 Piccadilly Place, Manchester, M1 3BR