Top 5 tips for a great ecommerce site
Here at Space 48, we've got lots of experience in working with various e-commerce sites, and believe it or not, it tends to be the small things that separate the OK online stores to the absolutely fantastic ones that are pulling in tonnes of sales. The 5 tips that we've come up with are not complicated or difficult to do, but they can be easy to forget. Any e-commerce site owners should read on to check they haven't left them out!
1. Update your website daily. Even if you don't have new products to add each day, you need to come up with a way to keep bringing customers back to your site. How about adding a blog to your site or a daily special offer? Think about it carefully, give customers a reason to visit your site frequently.
2. Make sure your customer service is perfect. Having a great website and marketing strategy isn't enough. Really basic things like getting all of your orders out on time and correct and dealing with complaints quickly counts for a lot when you are running an online shop.
3. Start a weekly newsletter. By sending out a regular newsletter, you can push special offers or sales to customers. Newsletters are also great for reminding people about your business and raising brand awareness.
4. Don't make it difficult for your customers. By this I mean that it should easy for any customer to navigate around your site and find the product that they need. Make repeat ordering simple for returning customers, make sure your search bar is up to scratch (read more about search bars for ecommerce sites here) and have your contact details readily available if a customer needs to talk to you.
5. Invest in your image. I know you've probably heard this a lot of times, but it is so important. Every e-commerce site needs to look reputable, your site is basically the shop-front for your business-if it doesn't look good, you aren't likely to have lots of sales. A professional web designer, especially somebody with experience in e-commerce site design will understand how customers interact with online shops and they will be able to help you grow your business.