We’re looking to strengthen our team of Magento ecommerce implementation experts. Working with leading brands, projects will range in size from 400 – 600 man days. The complexities involved in large implementations appeal to you. You will recognise and appreciate the benefits of working alongside and being supported by a team of like-minded and skilled developers and will want to push the boundaries of everyone’s knowledge.
If you read this and we’re talking about you, we want you on the team!
- Ecommerce is your trade, and Magento is your toolset of choice.
- The words “site down” fill you with dread. Having worked consistently on sites with huge order volumes, you recognise the financial implication of every minute of lost revenue in a multi-million (insert currency here) business. You’ll do everything you can to make sure the code isn’t at fault if outages occur.
- Internationalisation and Localisation are challenges you’ve already mastered.
- You’re the “go-to guy/gal” when everyone else hits a dead end in complex Magento debugging. You’ve yet to see something you can’t fix or identify a workaround for.
- It pains you to see code which breaks best practice (particularly with regards to readability and performance).
- You know the common pain points in Magento and how to work around them. You may even have developed some community modules to negate these.
- Sometimes you realise that Magento is not the right tool for the job, you can articulate to technical and non-technical audiences why this is the case. Integrating to a third party or creating a bespoke solution is the right thing to do. Obviously you can do this too.
We’re looking for the ultimate developer, and we have the remuneration package to match it.
Ideally, you’ll be based full time in our Manchester office, we work collaboratively and want everyone in the team to benefit from your experience. We can help with relocation if required. However, we realise that this is a very specific set of requirements, if we simply must have you on the team, we will support remote working.
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code.
- Strong commercial experience with PHP
- Design Patterns
- Design principles (e.g SOLID)
- Frameworks (e.g. Zend, Symfony)
- OpCode Caches
- HTML markup and best practice.
- Version Control (VCS)
- Advanced usage of VCS (e.g. rebase, cherry picking, branching strategies)
- Developing custom Magento extensions
- Performance improvements
- Indexing (including Enterprise indexers and debugging indexing performance issues)
- Caching (including the various storage mechanisms available and debugging cache usage)
- System Integrations (e.g. to WMS, CRM)
- MySQL/other RDBMS
- Server tuning
- Performance tuning of queries
- HTTP Protocol
- Response codes
- Secure layer and encryption options.
- Nginx / Apache configuration
- Shell Scripting
- Performance Optimisation
- Application Profiling
- Tools e.g. XHProf, Blackfire, New Relic
- Full software lifecycle
- SQL Injection
- PCI Compliance
- Frameworks (e.g jQuery)
- Compilation (e.g. SASS/Less)
- Continuous integration
- Automated testing e.g PHPUnit, PHPSpec
- Application Architecture (e.g. SOA, microservices)
Working With Space 48
At Space 48 we are dedicated to finding and developing brilliant individuals.
We’re an award-winning ecommerce consultancy, who enjoy working as a close-knit team in a relaxed, structured and supportive environment.
Since being established in 2008, Space 48 has gone from just one person to a hybrid of Developers, Designers, Project Managers and Ecommerce Specialists. We have won numerous awards for the work we have undertaken with our customers.
You will be entitled to:
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Your birthday off
- An extra holiday for every year worked
- On-going training
- A free ticket to our annual conference Mage Titans
- Regular nights out
- Childcare vouchers
- Health scheme (after 1 year)
- Optical care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Pension