Responsible to: Responsible to: Head of Delivery
Line Manager: Senior Project Manager
As a Project Manager you have the responsibility to manage the delivery of concurrent projects within budget, time and quality requirements. You operate with a large degree of autonomy in managing your projects, your key objectives are delivery, quality and business success whilst engendering and promoting a collaborative team focused approach.
Main duties of the post:
- Be part of a high performing team.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders building a rapport and credibility with key people
- Day to day one of your key objectives is to ensure the project management function is aligned to the development process.
- Resolve issues and remove barriers to success
- Follow the Space 48 project delivery process to ensure standards are kept consistent across all projects
- Management and delivery of a number of concurrent projects.
- Be able to identify the appropriate resource levels required to meet the demands of your projects.
- Ensure projects are managed to protect profitability and change control is in place to manage scope.
- Ensure your projects hit their deadlines in accordance with the planning process and the client brief.
- Produce, manage and communicate project plans.
- Produce and distribute project status reports to clients weekly.
- Produce and follow a communication plan with the client.
- Produce test scripts.
- Release testing.
- Producing documentation for website projects eg functional specifications and statements of work.
- Well organised
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to deal with the unexpected
- Minimum of 2 years IT Project Management experience
- Experience of Managing budgets of £200K to – £1m
- Understanding of infrastructure and software development lifecycles,together with a strong Project Management methodology experience.
- Vendor and Supplier Management
- Must have demonstrable experience of managing and influencing stakeholders within an organisation
- Excellent communication skills in order to conduct and moderate technical exchange workshops with stakeholders
- Strong skills in people management, risk management, process organisation and technical expertise, negotiating and issue resolution capabilities.
- Ability to lead a project using own initiative and working as part of a team.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate/accessible and organised documentation.
- Ability to identify and convert new business opportunities.
- Excellent report-writing and analytical skills.
- Strong listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to apply numerical skills to analyse data, interpreting facts and figures presented in the form of statistical tables and diagrams, thinking critically and checking for errors.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to build internal and external relationships with key people.
- Proven ability to be part of an effective team.
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility with high priority senior stakeholders, and to influence decision making.
- A track record of successfully delivering business critical projects or programmes, and a relevant project management qualification (PRINCE2, PMP, AGILE, SCRUM etc) or equivalent experience.
- Experience of managing the full project lifecycle.
- The resilience to overcome issues and drive activity and results.
- Able to think about the business goals whilst maintaining your role as the client advocate.
- Delivery and profit focused.
- Confident in managing client expectations.
- Able to engage in and manage negotiations, project issues, risks and opportunities.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Comfortable and confident in understanding your role defending scope whilst seeing and developing opportunities for cross sell and upsell of services.
- Process orientated with a pragmatic approach.
- The management of projects that span multi-disciplinary areas of differing size and complexity to meet business expectations and deliver results.
2yrs experience as a project manager in a commercial environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate matrix management of a project team of 3-5 resources.
- Must be able to demonstrate a portfolio of projects delivered ranging in value from £75- £200k or man days effort of 200 – 700 days.
- Good understanding of website platforms and working knowledge of customer management systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate an intermediate level of understanding of the web from both a production and consumer standpoint..
- Must be able to manage 3-5 concurrent projects/clients.
- Experience of presenting to clients at senior management level.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheets.
- Able to produce and manage Gantt charts.
- A good understanding of what it takes to maintain and develop the most productive client relationships.
- Must be comfortable working towards defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Must be able to quickly understand the client, their products and their industry.
- Experience in managing the following types of projects; digital, ecommerce, system integration, SEO optimisation and conversion optimisation.