Responsible to: Technical Director
Line Manager: Head of Development
As a Quality Assurance Analyst you are responsible for working within a team, applying and being an advocate for the principles and practices of software quality assurance throughout the software development lifecycle
Main duties of the post:
- Working in Agile teams with key stakeholders to develop test plans and test scripts.
- Building and maintaining automated acceptance tests using Selenium or similar automation tools.
- Ability to see a feature through to completion involving continued and close collaboration with different stakeholders from a variety of projects.
- Work as an effective member of the QA/Test team – understanding and contributing to the testing process, taking ownership from concept to production
- Own quality – all aspects of testing and championing the Test Strategy and Vision
- Derive appropriate, comprehensive tests from requirements/user story acceptance criteria and input from Project Managers
- Develop, execute and maintain tests for moderate to complex areas of customer projects
- Identify requirements defects and work with your team to resolve them
- Work as part of a larger project team. You will successfully collaborate with multiple stakeholders and colleagues across multiple specialisms which could include; end users, key client representatives, designers, developers, operations teams and more.
- Specific activities can range from preparing and executing tests to defining strategies, implementing process improvements and coaching others. This also includes developing automated test frameworks and scripts. Throughout this process you will apply your proven expertise and skills with enthusiasm to deliver high quality outputs, utilising industry best practice and innovation.
Key skills & attributes:
- You will be a dedicated, self-motivated and experienced Analyst with strong Functional Testing experience.
- The role involves working closely with other Test Analysts and Developers. At your core will be drive, passion and a desire to really get under the skin of the tasks at hand and help.
- The environment is fast-paced, requiring a quick mind to understand and implement new concepts in a dynamic workplace.
- Strong testing and QA fundamentals
- Excellent analytical and technical problem solving skills with a proactive approach
- A strong sense of good practice with respect to testing techniques
- Ability to back decisions with sound rationale
- Self-motivating, adaptable and flexible in approach
- Active contributor
- “Can-do” attitude
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies and software quickly
- Able to build strong relationships across teams
- Remain composed and productive under pressure
- Can work independently if required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work well with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Experience with customer centric industries and mission critical quality software standards
- Open, honest and approachable working style as a team player
- Problem solver with the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills including concise and clear explanations
- Ability to give and receive feedback from others
- A well organised individual who wants to develop a career in software testing
- Open minded and curious
- Provide progress reports on assigned tasks
- Ensure Github repositories are maintained for allocated tasks.
- Proactively suggest improvements to testing process.
- Actively support other members of the Test/QA team
- Avoid duplicated effort by ensuring abstracted solutions are implemented
- Perform related duties as assigned
Knowledge & experience
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (or equivalent)
- Strong background in testing with the ability to plan, design, script and execute test cases and its automation
- Hands-on experience in test automation,
- Proven experience developing Selenium WebDriver scripts.
- Experience of testing transactional systems, web technology & operational systems
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in testing web applications
Knowledge of software best practice, for example test-driven development (TDD), behaviour-driven development (BDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Can describe when to use test automation and why
- Experience working alongside a development team within a commercial environment.
- QA experience on an ecommerce platform.
- Highly motivated with demonstrable technical and analytical skills.
- Desire to further technical skills and knowledge.
- Attention to detail, commitment and desire to complete a consistently high standard of work.
- Advanced time management skills with the ability to manage own tasks to agreed timelines with limited supervision.
- Able to articulate complex technical work with minimal assistance.
- Exposure to Version Control (VCS)
- HTTP Protocol
- Response codes
- Performance Optimisation
- Application Profiling
- Tools e.g. XHProf, Blackfire
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Jira / Atlassian Experience
- Compilation (e.g. SASS/Less)
- Understanding of security issues affecting e-commerce
- PCI Compliance