Digital Commerce Consultant
You are an Ecommerce Expert who has worked as an ecommerce manager and leader as part of a brand or retail business or as part of an agency providing ecommerce solutions to customers. You will play an important role as part of the Commerce Experience team at Space 48 providing strategic advisory services on all aspects of ecommerce, delivering workshops to support roadmapping activity and supporting day to day client engagement.
Here’s some of the stuff that will keep you busy in a typical week.
You’ll meet with our project management team to assess progress on ongoing ecommerce platform improvement work for your stable of clients. You’ll have an introductory call and demo with a prospective new technology partner who’s service will benefit our clients. You’ll run a new project discovery session with members of the design experience, engineering and project management teams, story mapping out the requirements in conjunction with the clients ecommerce, marketing and operations teams.
You’ll have a series 1:1’s with your client contacts, checking in on progress, discussing new projects, presenting ideas for improvement based on the latest available performance data.
You’ll also attend our weekly Commerce Experience team get together where you’ll be reporting back, sharing ideas, seeking help and solving problems for your clients, the CX team and the wider Space 48 team.
You’ll begin work on an RFP for submission due in a couple of weeks time. This new client would like to engage Space 48 to build their new digital commerce platform. You discuss the document with our platform partner contact and begin writing up a response. You’ll also attend the Client Strategy meeting reporting back to the Senior Management Team on client progress.
If you read this and it sounds like your ideal job — we want you on the team!
What You’ll Be Doing
The following should give you an idea of how you’ll be expected to typically be spending your time. It’s not set in stone and it may change from week-to-week, but it gives an idea of what is expected from the role
Working with our Clients (60%)
You’ll be spending the majority of your time working with our clients to help them develop and execute their plans to grow their digital commerce business. To do this you’ll be working with the wider Space 48 teams and practices (growth and data, consulting, design, user experience and research, engineering and project management) to develop and coordinate our proposition and the delivery of services to our clients. You’ll run discovery workshops and ideation sessions to help our clients to develop a digital commerce roadmap to build out all aspects of their platform, from search to payments, carrier integration to loyalty programmes.
New Business Support (20%)
While working day to day with our clients will be your focus, new business opportunities will be both led and supported by our Digital Commerce Consulting team. This will include responding to RFP’s and being involved in new business pitches.
Working with our Partners (10%)
Keeping pace with change in the digital commerce industry is not easy. You’ll be responsible for working with our partners to develop relationships and build knowledge in Space 48 and with your clients of the ever changing digital commerce and digital marketing platforms and practices to support our growth. This includes continuous professional development of your skills and knowledge in the industry to offer great advice and consulting services.
Space 48 Marketing (10%)
You’ll support the Content Marketing Manager in the development of content, case studies, thought pieces, our podcast and provide support at trade shows, conferences and webinars.
Who You Are
Here’s an idea of the type of experience you’ve got along with an idea of what we think would be useful to also know:
Knowledge and Experience
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- You’ll have experience working in an ecommerce agency in a similar role supporting clients day to day, or you’ll have worked merchant-side as an ecommerce manager or as part of the ecommerce team.
- Experience working day to day with any of the major ecommerce platforms; Shopify Plus, BigCommerce, Magento, Shopware as well as Marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay. You’ll have background using data from Google Analytics and other sources to support decision making.
- Experience in the development and/or implementation of a digital marketing or ecommerce growth strategy, including Acquisition, Conversion Rate Optimisation and Loyalty and Retention.
- Knowledge of the technical and marketing ecosystem of the ecommerce industry, including search, personalisation, content, payments, fulfillment an advantage.
- Great written, communication and presentation skills a prerequisite.
- Ability and experience to lead client workshops to uncover client requirements.
- Experience working as an influencer in a new business sales environment.
- Extremely organised and experienced in working to tight deadlines with the ability to manage multiple workstreams, working with suppliers, partners, customers and our internal teams.
- Attention to detail, commitment and desire to complete a consistently high standard of work.
- 5+ years experience in a similar either client or agency side ecommerce role.
- Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualification or equivalent an advantage but not necessary
- Previous experience actively managing PPC and SEO in a practitioner capacity
- Previous content marketing experience an advantage
- Writing technical specifications for development projects
The following are the types of tasks that you may be required to perform as part of your role.
- Working day to day to support our client ecommerce managers in their role and build lasting relationships with them
- Devising digital commerce product roadmaps to support our clients growth plans
- Working with our technology partners to develop client opportunities
- Working with the wider Space 48 project managers, Design, Data and Insight and Engineering teams to ensure consistent high quality service levels to our clients
- Day to day involvement in RFP responses and new business development pitches
- Providing Advisory and Consulting services to our clients in digital marketing, operations and technology selection.
- Lead the delivery of our playbook discovery workshops to uncover client requirements
- Analyse effectiveness of our activities with our clients to continually improve our go to market proposition and client services.
Location and Remuneration
This is a fully remote position, however preference will be given to candidates based in Europe.
Salary based on experience.
Our Mission, Vision & Values
Our Mission is to create more human and compelling ecommerce experiences.
Our Vision is to provide our customers with standout service and support, and lead change in our industry
Our Values are:
We work together
We take ownership
We thrive when we learn
We go beyond
We do the right thing.
But what does all of this mean?
Our mission, vision and values are guiding principles which give us clear focus and direction. They
help us to learn, to grow and to succeed, both individually and together as a group.
The outcome of 41 hours of meetings, workshops and focus groups; countless decisions and discussions, our MVV are special because they were created by our team for our team. They reflect where we want Space 48 to go, how we want it to get there and how the culture and environment should feel along the way.
We don’t want it to just end up as ‘words on a wall’ though and we need to work together to keep the momentum going and bring it all to life. It doesn’t matter what your role is, everybody has an important part to play. Maintaining our positive, collaborative culture is really important and if you’re invited for an interview, we’ll be looking for evidence that you’ll be a good fit – not just from a skills perspective, but from a cultural and values perspective as well.
No more of the same. Get more out of your employment.
- Enjoy 22 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Relax and take your birthday off
- Stay loyal and get an extra holiday for every year worked
- Traffic bad? No worries with flexible working hours
- On-going training to keep you going
- Health scheme (after 1 year) to keep you on top of your game
- Optical care vouchers. Because we all stare at the screen for too long.
- We got you. Opt-in to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Think about your future with the Company Pension