Junior UX Designer
You are a talented Junior UX Designer who wants to join a fast-growing Commerce Experience team. You are passionate, driven, a self starter and want to expand your skills and work alongside a team of experienced practitioners across UX and UI, Data and Insight, Ecommerce, Digital and Social Content as well as a wider group of services.
You have a passion for UX and you want to use data and research to inform and guide the design process.
You can demonstrate your creativity, problem solving and design experience with real life examples from your experience working at a digital agency.
Here’s some of the stuff that will keep you busy in a typical week:
You will be responsible for research, conceptualisation and design across a wide variety of websites and landing pages. You’ll need to be able to take design briefs and interact with stakeholders and developers to understand, define and deliver seamless commerce experiences.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to gain insight into marketing strategies and learn about the latest technology.
You will be happy working from home and having regular remote project catch ups via video call.
If you read this and it sounds like your ideal job — we want you on the team!
What You’ll Be Doing
The following should give you an idea of how you’ll be expected to typically be spending your time. It’s not set in stone and it may change from week-to-week, but it gives an idea of what is expected from the role
Designing immersive commerce experiences (50%)
You will work with the UX and Interaction Designers to optimise digital commerce experiences for a range of clients.
You will be involved in collaborative discovery workshops (design, problem definition, ideation and requirements gathering), work closely with product owners and developers to ensure a user focused approach from concept through to launch. You will always ensure your designs meet client and user requirements.
You will be responsible for the design of Ecommerce websites (specifically on Shopify plus and BigCommerce). You will pull together the graphics and build out the fonts, colours and layout in accordance with the platform theme. You will be the creative point of call for assigned customers and be responsible for dictating the creative direction of the project based on the clients requirements and specifications. Your day to day can involve creation of wireframes, prototypes, concept sketches, page designs and user flows and creation of digital style guides.
You have the willingness to listen to customer and peer feedback and use it to improve.
You’ll set up your design files with care, naming your files, folders, and layers appropriately and creating components where needed, so that others who encounter your work can move efficiently through it.
Conducting User Research (40%)
You will conduct user research, usability testing and analyse all research and feedback to gain user insight and be able to present your findings back to colleagues and the customer.
Social Campaign Content Design (10%)
You will support digital marketing projects throughout the execution of campaigns and projects.
You will create digital assets and content experiences for our customers for mobile and website, social media story-telling, and online support materials spanning the 360 consumer journey.
The following are the types of tasks that you may be required to perform as part of your role.
- Providing the creative concepts as required on a project basis for use of the development team
- Working alongside the Head of CX and/or Project Manager to ensure design tasks are completed to a deadline and to a high standard
- Conduct user research, usability testing and analyse all research and feedback to gain user insight and present findings back to colleagues and the customer
- Understanding of the limitations posed by data and code (CSS, liquid code etc) and building visual prototypes that work in a ecommerce context
- Get stuck in to solve problems and help move the project forwards
- Stay up to date with industry best practices
Location and Remuneration
This is a fully remote position, however preference will be given to candidates based in Europe.
Salary based on experience.
Our Mission, Vision & Values
Our Mission is to create more human and compelling ecommerce experiences.
Our Vision is to provide our customers with standout service and support, and lead change in our industry
Our Values are:
- We work together
- We take ownership
- We thrive when we learn
- We go beyond
- We do the right thing.
But what does all of this mean?
Our mission, vision and values are guiding principles which give us clear focus and direction. They
help us to learn, to grow and to succeed, both individually and together as a group.
The outcome of 41 hours of meetings, workshops and focus groups; countless decisions and discussions, our MVV are special because they were created by our team for our team. They reflect where we want Space 48 to go, how we want it to get there and how the culture and environment should feel along the way.
We don’t want it to just end up as ‘words on a wall’ though and we need to work together to keep the momentum going and bring it all to life. It doesn’t matter what your role is, everybody has an important part to play. Maintaining our positive, collaborative culture is really important and if you’re invited for an interview, we’ll be looking for evidence that you’ll be a good fit – not just from a skills perspective, but from a cultural and values perspective as well.
Who You Are
Here’s an idea of the type of experience you’ve got along with an idea of what we think would be useful to also know:
Knowledge and Experience
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- At least one year of experience in a professional UX design role
- Experience of user research and usability testing
- You understand how your work connects with business outcomes and budgets
- You will be able to showcase examples of projects you’ve worked on that demonstrate the end to end process from initial research, through ideation, prototyping and testing, all the way to delivery of the final product
- Experience with mobile first and responsive design
- Experience working with design and prototyping tools such as InVision and Sketch
- A good working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly with Photoshop and Illustrator
- You can communicate clearly, confidently and persuasively, using sound rationale to reinforce your views and decisions, and influence people at all levels
- Extremely organised and experienced in working to tight deadlines
- You have attention to detail, commitment and desire to complete a consistently high standard of work
- Keen learner, always looking to develop skills and stay up-to-date on industry trends and the latest digital design methodologies
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with collaboration tools like workshops and discovery activities
- A good working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Video and animation creation
- Experience working in the Ecommerce industry
- Degree qualification or equivalent an advantage but not necessary
- Previous experience as a UX Designer working on Cloud / SaaS products
- Experience using project management tools, such as JIRA
No more of the same. Get more out of your employment.
- Enjoy 22 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Relax and take your birthday off
- Stay loyal and get an extra holiday for every year worked
- Traffic bad? No worries with flexible working hours
- On-going training to keep you going
- Health scheme (after 1 year) to keep you on top of your game
- Optical care vouchers. Because we all stare at the screen for too long.
- We got you. Opt-in to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Think about your future with the Company Pension