Magento Imagine 2017 preview: mini guide to Magento’s key ecommerce event
The big event is fast approaching! It’s less than 2 weeks until Magento Imagine – even less time if you’re attending MageHackathon or #PreImagine – and we hope you’re as excited about it as we are! We’ve put together this handy preview guide to Magento Imagine 2017 to give you a lowdown of the key info and exciting things happening at the event.
What is #PreImagine? #PreImagine is an annual community event, which takes place the day before the Magento Imagine conference, and as sponsors we’ll be starting the week there with Shipper HQ. This gives us a chance to meet and hang out with like-minded people before the conference even begins. Fancy arriving at #PreImagine in style? Magento hosting partner Nexcess will take you straight from the airport to the party, with free limo rides available all day on Sunday 2nd April. Reserve your limo now.
About Magento Imagine
Magento Imagine is the biggest event in the Magento calendar and takes place over three days, this year from 3rd-5th April. Held at the Wynn, Las Vegas, Magento Imagine brings together over 2,500 commerce experts, including merchants, ecommerce agencies and technology partners.
This large-scale event was created 6 years ago to connect the international commerce ecosystem and bridge the gap between the platform and its users. Offering insightful presentations from some of the world’s brightest experts, past speakers at Imagine include entrepreneur Steve Wynn of Wynn Resorts and best-selling author Malcolm Gladwell. See the 2017 Magento Imagine agenda.
Beyond the glitz and glamour, there are so many great benefits for individuals and businesses attending the event. We have highlighted just a few of these benefits below.
Benefits of attending Magento Imagine:
- Gain insight into the latest changes in the Magento ecospace and updates on the new technologies around the platform
- Find out how the platform can help grow your business
- Network with major brands and hear their best practice presentations and success stories
- Informally meet with a range of Magento development agencies and solution partners who can offer their expert advice and strategies
- Connect and build relationships with leading pioneers within the ecommerce space
- Listen to the presentations from a vast range of inspiring people
- Lots of free swag from the event sponsors, such as VR headsets and drones!
- Invitation to the legendary Imagine after-party and poolside entertainment throughout the week
What’s the buzz this year?
- Acclaimed ‘the greatest athlete ever’ by Nike, tennis superstar Serena Williams is a confirmed keynote speaker at this year’s Imagine. As one of the most dominant figures in tennis, and successful both on and off the court, Serena Williams truly embodies power and determination. We can’t wait to hear what is sure to be a compelling talk from her.
- Vice President of Technology at Magento Jason Woosley is set to talk about the future of the platform. After hearing his straight talking presentation ‘Community Engagement 2.0’ at Mage Titans Manchester last year, we’re looking forward to hearing from him again, this time in Las Vegas!
- Our data mad Head of Insight Oliver Lees has dubbed ‘Magento Business Intelligence: Data-Driven Strategies for Online Growth’ a must-see presentation. Head of Business Intelligence Robert Moore will share exclusive benchmarking data from the fastest-growing online retailers.
- If you’re more technical-minded like our Technical Director Tony Brown, you may be excited by the ‘Technical Deep Dive: Everything Was UI Components & Nothing Hurt’ by Magento Commerce Frontend Architect James Zetlen. This talk will cover a very challenging area, so it’s going to be great to hear more about it.
- DevExchange is your chance to get involved in some key developer discussions and learn from your peers who are tackling the same challenges. The DevExchange and networking event takes place on the 5th April and will be the perfect end to your week.
Space 48 is an UK-based ecommerce consultancy and Magento agency. Our technical experts are an authority on Magento 2 and our strategists work with businesses to improve their ecommerce stores and develop award-winning ecommerce websites. We’re also the brains behind the international Magento developer conference Mage Titans.
Want to talk to us about your ecommerce store, and assess the opportunities to improve your site’s functionality and performance? Why not arrange to meet us at Magento Imagine?