Charlotte Tilbury has over 20 years’ experience as a make-up artist, working with stars including Kate Moss, Rihanna and Penelope Cruz. Charlotte’s passion for make-up led to her creating her own luxury make-up range to be sold over the counter and online.
Charlotte Tilbury’s team met Space 48 at the eCommerce Expo in London, and shortly after, chose us to design and build the Charlotte Tilbury
International multi-channel storefronts and consultancy
- Develop a responsive site and offer a beautiful, engaging and mobile-optimized experience.
- Easy bundling tools for a variety of shop-the-look options.
- Powerful content marketing capabilities and multi-site/multi-store functionality including search, email, wish list, reviews, gift cards, and full page caching.
- Animations and video tutorials for every product and look integrated to help showcase the brand’s sophisticated products.
- Timely delivery in order for the website to be launched at the same time as the cosmetics line.
229% Increase In Transactions
Magento Commerce Implementation & Development
Our team at Space 48 collaborated closely with the Charlotte Tilbury branding team to deliver a responsive site that met their requirements, using Magento Commerce (formerly Magento Enterprise Edition).
Linking into the company’s Brightpearl ERP, the build made the most of the core features of Magento Commerce. Animations and video tutorials for every product and look were integrated to help showcase the brand’s products. Added integrations with SLI for search,
The new Charlotte Tilbury site was completed in just four months. It was ready for the launch of her cosmetic line at London’s famous store, Selfridges. The site handled the peak traffic of the high-profile launch with
229% Increase In Transactions
Checkout UX redesign
As a stand alone project we looked at the checkout on both desktop and mobile with the intention of increasing conversion rates after the client highlighted a desire to improve the performance of the checkout. We produced a series of wireframes that re-designed the checkout process. There were specific challenges that needed a better user experience such as allowing users to add free samples to their bag without obstructing the flow through the checkout process, delivery and gift options needed to be clearer and existing users were missing out on a better experience by not logging in prior to checkout.
- Moved the free samples to a side journey that allows users to go off and carry out the required actions before rejoining the main flow.
- Streamlined the gift options and delivery/billing address details steps.
- Added an email look up at the start of the process that asked existing users to log in, allowing them to skip the first two steps and go immediately to their saved addresses. Whilst this did introduce friction to the first step it resulted in a far better experience for those users.
Once the new checkout went live the increase in conversion rates was instant.
Mobile: 45.15% Increase
Desktop: 9.68% Increase
Tablet: 57.17% Increase