December 23, 2020
#4: I’ve got 99 problems but Front-End ain’t one!
In episode 4 of The Space Bar Podcast, we’re joined by our Commerce Interaction Designer, Dan Davies, and our Technical Lead in Development, Peter Hicks.
Listen to them discuss with our host, Paul Casey, how front end development has changed over time as we cover the following topics:
- The evolution of front end development
- Tools and techniques (task runners like Gulp, Grunt, Bootstrap)
- Keeping up to speed (JS frameworks, CSS frameworks)
- The importance of site speed
- Expectations of clients and consumers (Good UX, site speed, website design, mobile-friendly)
- How can we approach projects in different ways? (pattern libraries, wireframing, breaking down into components)
- PWA and headless trends
- What is headless?
- What is a PWA?
- What are the benefits?
- What are the challenges?
- What is the difference between UX design and interaction design?
- What is the difference between design front end and engineering front end?
- What emerging technologies are important to learn as a developer?
- What advice would you give an aspiring developer?
Listen on Apple Podcasts