Ecommerce is continually evolving. Platforms age, expectations shift, technology grows.
Space 48 sets the pace of these changes.
We upgrade the platforms. We lead the trends. And we use technology to enhance our performance.
We let you grow too. If you’re looking to enhance your career by working on rewarding implementations for world-class brands, look no further than our remunerative Backend Developer position at Space 48.
We succeed when you succeed.
Let us help you get the most out of your ecommerce career. Join our collaborative team in Manchester and benefit from our in-house community of experts who deliver excellence, daily.
Not from the area? We’ll help you relocate. Can’t leave the dog behind? Maximise the performance of our clients from the comfort of your own home with remote working.
At Space 48 we recognise the brilliance in our individuals. Even if they don’t themselves.
Who you’ll be joining.
You’ll be part of an acclaimed group of people who, first and foremost, care about the quality of code. Our team are proud of their work and show empathy when things go wrong.
When they do we take ownership, we work together, and we learn.
It’s in our culture to make sure things are done right. And we go beyond to make sure they do.
We’re looking for a person. Not an IT department.
Everyone brings something special. But as a general rule of thumb, this is what we look out for.
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code.
- Strong commercial experience with PHP
- HTML markup and best practice.
- Version Control (VCS)
- System Integrations (e.g. to WMS, CRM)
- MySQL/other RDBMS
- HTTP Protocol
- Performance Optimisation
- Full software lifecycle
- Continuous integration
- Automated testing e.g PHPUnit, PHPSpec
- Application Architecture (e.g. SOA, microservice
No more of the same. Get more out of your employment.
- Enjoy 22 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Relax and take your birthday off
- Stay loyal and get an extra holiday for every year worked
- Traffic bad? No worries with flexible working hours
- On-going training to keep you going
- Supporting Mums and Dads with childcare vouchers
- Health scheme (after 1 year) to keep you on top of your game
- Optical care vouchers. Because we all stare at the screen for too long.
- We got you. Opt-in to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Think about your future with the Company Pension