#47: KnowCarbon – Applying Advanced Analytics to Reducing Carbon Emissions in Ecommerce
Welcome to the Space Bar Podcast! On this episode, we have the pleasure of speaking with Eamonn Galvin, founder of the rapidly growing startup, KnowCarbon. With experience at eBay and as CEO of Daft.ie, Eamonn is applying advanced analytics to one of the most pressing issues of our time – reducing carbon emissions. After its first full year of operation, KnowCarbon has paying customers and is gaining global traction. Eamonn is here to discuss all things carbon and explain how KnowCarbon is revolutionising the world by reducing carbon emissions. One not to be missed.
- How Eamonn started measuring carbon?
- KnowCarbon’s Mission
- The scale of the carbon emissions challenge
- Which sectors are impacted the most?
- Carbon and the sustainability challenge
- The impact of a product’s carbon footprint and ecommerce
- The opportunity for merchants to help consumers make better choices
- Brands pushing the boundaries
- Getting your data ready and lifecycle analysis
- ChatGPT vs Eamonn on a product’s carbon footprint
- The Carbon Cost of Returns
- Changing the Consciousness of the Consumer
- Opportunities of Reducing Carbon Emissions
- What’s Next for KnowCarbon?
Eamonn Galvin – KnowCarbon
Stephen Kenealy – Strategy Director, Space 48